- Residence Inn Needham
- $30,910.00 -41,600.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
The purpose of the BREAKFAST ATTENDANT is to connect with guests at breakfast, ensuring guest satisfaction and provide service recovery when needed.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- Provides personalized service to all guests.
- Regularly communicates and converses with all guests.
- Prepares food and beverages according to recipe.
- Fully understands and complies with all food safety requirements.
- Sets up breakfast area before guests begin to arrive; displays the food and beverages in an organized and attractive manner according to brand standards/requirements.
- Efficiently replenishes buffet with food, beverages and/or supplies as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness of buffet area throughout the morning by reorganizing and tidying food area as necessary.
- Properly disposes of used plates, utensils, napkins and/or cups as necessary.
- May be responsible for keeping inventory stocked by ordering additional food and/or supplies as needed
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner; follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstratesexcellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year related experience and/or training.QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must speak proficient English.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor work environment
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
Top of FormPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
Stand more than 2/3 of the time
Walk more than 2/3 of the time
Sit less than 1/3 of the time
Reach with hands and arms more than 2/3 of the time
Lift up to 50 pounds.
Push / pull up to 50 pounds.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
See Job Description above.
Associated topics: appetizer, baking, banquet, breakfast, cocinera, kitchen prep, maker, restaurant assistant cook, restaurant cook, stove
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...