The certified nursing aide/ home health aide shall have the following responsibilities:
1. Assisting patients with personal hygiene such as skin, mouth, hair care and bathing.
2. Assisting patients in and out of bed and assisting with ambulation.
3. Assisting with prescribed exercises which patients and aides have been taught by appropriate health personnel.
4. Preparing meals, including therapeutic diets, and assisting patients with eating.
5. Assisting patients to the bathroom or in using commodes, bedpans or urinals.
6. Performing household services which will facilitate the patient's self-care at home and are necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization.
7. Assisting patients with medications which are ordinarily self-administered. The home health aide shall not administer medications of any kind.
8. Performing other activities taught by a health professional for a specific patient. These may include such services as changing colostomy bags, changing of non-sterile dressings, taking of vital signs, and non-sterile bowel and bladder hygiene care.
9. Reporting changes in the patient's condition and needs to the supervising nurse or therapist.
10. Completing records regarding services performed.