We Are HiringTitle:
RN-Hospice ICity, State:
Hospice Therapeutic Svcs 001Additional Job Details:
PRN,Day, 0 hours,WeeklyWhy Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org
) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.What You Will DoJob Summary:
Provides direct nursing care to seriously or terminally ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.Responsibilities:
- Develops a plan of care based on the priorities of balancing quality of life, relieving suffering, controlling symptoms, and optimizing functional capacity.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care and consideration of the patient's family and/or caregiver's needs, including pastoral/spiritual, psychosocial and bereavement counseling.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (IL-DMV) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
- One year of home health or hospice experience preferred.
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, cardiothoracic, hospice, intensive, intensive care, neonatal, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical